Rolling In The Deep

The first time I listen to this song via hitz.fm, I only listen to parts of it. Truth to be told, I don't know who sang the song, nor the title of the song. But after listening to the great drum sounds (yes, I am a sucker for drums and piano sounds), I decided to wait for another chance to listen to the song again in Hitz. Lucky enough, one day, when I was on my way home from work, Hitz played this song in their top 40 charts and I managed to catch the whole song, the title and the singer. Ever since then, whenever I listen to this song when I'm driving, I will blast up the volume as the drums are just damn good. And Adele's voice is just so wonderful. Like RJ said, "she is like Amy Winehouse before she goes cuckoo,". 

Adele sang Rolling In The Deep live. She just sounds damn good even on live shows. 

And due to the technology era, with the presence of Youtube, many people tried and make their own cover of this song (just like other songs, not only Adele's). One of them whom I like the most is Maddi Jane, the Youtube sensation. For an 11-year-old girl, she sounds more mature than her own voice. 


Haley Reinhart, one of American Idol season 10 (or is it 11? I don't keep track of all the AI season, sorry) contestants also sang Rolling In The Deep when she was in Top 7. But her version is just a bit meh to me. No offense Haley Reinhart fans. She has great voice as well, I've watched her performing in Top 3 so yeah. 

But you've gotta admit, I like her growling in this song. I tried to growl when I sing this song, FAIL big time. -___-"


The most recent Rolling In The Deep cover I've heard is by Linkin Park. LINKIN PARK! No kidding. Chester has a tremendous, high pitched voice that I had love since I was 11. And the moment I heard their cover, oh good God, my heart just fell! Chester brought this song in his own way, no similarities to Adele (as compared to Maddi Jane's and Haley Reinhart's version) at all. 




The lyrics that I like the most in this song (which I intend to dedicate to A, wherever you are right now):


"THE SCARS OF YOUR LOVE REMIND ME OF US, THEY KEEP ME THINKING THAT WE ALMOST HAD IT ALL. THE SCARS OF YOUR LOVE, THEY LEAVE ME BREATHLESS; I CAN'T HELP FEELING WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL....."




Love,

Xoxo
Marcy.

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top