1 year ago,today. Well, not exactly.

The reason why I said "not exactly" in the title is because when I got my UPU result, it was around June. Therefore, it was not exactly 1 year ago but instead it's 1 year plus. Today, the UPU result has come out for the long awaited STPM/diploma/pre-U/matriculation leavers. I must say, the mixture feelings of happy (that the long awaited wait has finally came to an end), sad (if you do not get any offers), angry etc was there. I know mine was. I still remember the night before where everyone is talking about the UPU results. I was super anxious as I was worried that I would not be accepted by the university of my choice. I cried buckets of tears before even knowing about the result. And I also cried buckets of tears after knowing the results; that I got accepted to the university of my choice, which is Unimas (short form of Universiti Malaysia Sarawak). I was very happy at that moment, as I know a new life has begun for me. 

And the best part? My classmates in Upper 6 C was also accepted to the same varsity as I am. :D

That's us, during my faculty annual dinner around April. From L-R: Aling, Mann and Hany. Centre: Me!

At first, I was afraid that I am going to change (my ex has planted this in my sub-conscious mind again and again during the long wait before the UPU result comes out) after going to varsity, meeting new friends etc. Well, I did change, but for the better. I've got my self confidence back bit by bit. I have always known my passion for dance (which you stopped when I was still in high school), and the passion for singing, never dies as I always karaoke whenever I got the chance (and when I'm not broke that is) at Unimas' own K-box. Hahaha. Sounds lame, but that's true. That passes as our entertainment there. Bla bla bla, I think it scares the shit out of him that I change. But it's okay. I live, despite the fact he took my whole heart away. I have great support around me. *okay, I'm ranting now. Marcy, get to the point please?* 

Besides of all the above, I've met some wonderful and shitteous people ever (and I suppose I will be meeting some more soon, with the coming of the juniors. Wee :p) which shape me for who I am today. My coursemates are the best! Though some of them I rarely know, and some may be a bit (a bit) annoying, mental, crazy etc, but hey, that's what makes us Finance batch 2010/2011 interesting! 

That's Azra, one of my male coursemate with Mann. 

With a bunch of my coursemates during our road trip to Bau in January.

Pgeot and Aida, my coursemates AND my housemates!



Aida, me and Jas at Tasik Biru. 

And I wouldn't have met the best roomate ever! This year, we had joined a lot of activities together. From Miss Unimas to Allamanda's Fashion Show, even random outings, we do together. Gosh, I miss her already.

Aida, Elly (my roomate) and I at Damai. 

During Allamanda's fashion show.



And this was during Miss Unimas 2011. 

The past one year had been a blast. Vivid, beautiful memories are made, on and off camera. To those who had entered in my life, thank you for making such an effort to color my life in many different ways possible. You know who you are, I don't have to point them out. Without all of you, I am not who I am today. 


********************switching gears back to UPU results*********************

From the news today, I've read that 41 267 out of 64 703 candidates were offered to continue their studies in First Degree Program at various varsities across Malaysia.. Just as the previous years, the selection of the students were based in meritocracy, where 90% were based on academics while the other 10% are based on the extra curriular activities. They say that the number of candidates offered to various varsities had increased for as much as 1.9% compared to last year's application. That's good for those who applied, I must say. Not everyone gets the opportunity to enter varsity. I know, cause some of my coursemates are as old as 26 (this year). Which means to say, they had been trying and trying before the system finally lets them enter the varsity of their choice.

It does sound cruel to some people, cause some of those who failed to get anything via UPU for the first time feel so down that they think it is the end of the world. It is not, actually. There are always ways for them to enter the university. Most universities have second intakes, some even had third, like Unimas. Therefore, there should be no reason for the person to cry their tears out cause as long as they know that there is always a will, there will always be a way. And for those who got selected for the course (or maybe not) of their choice, I say, embrace the fact that you are finally a university student. Grow up, and be a man/woman of honor, as everything will rely on you, and you only. Though there might be help from lecturers, and also group works and assignments, if you don't have the effort to help yourself, you might not see yourself graduate from the varsity of your dreams (or maybe not). Would you like to see your parents' hopes and dreams banish just like that? I know I won't. I think that's about it for this entry. I hope this is legit enough for some readers (if I have any, LOL) as sometimes I tend to rant a lot. 


Till the next entry. 

Love, 
Marcy.

Xoxo.



CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top