It has come to an end


Finally! The first semester of 2011/2012 had officially ended around 10-ish a.m (for me lah that is) and the first thing Rachel had said to me when I walked up to her:

"Kati mang? Jadi nda program lagik?"
Translation: What's up girl? How's our program later on?

The answer to the bonus question: DEFINITELY ON! 

So basically, the girls (Rachel and Martina), except Priscilla (who couldn't joint us because her relative is in town so she has to go back early) head to BDC for brunch. The three of us had kolok mee. Yummers! 

Photo courtesy of Google.

After brunch we head to Everrise BDC with the intention of going to the saloon for (hair wash) which was located somewhere inside there. I forgot the name of the saloon, but the reason why I brought them there was because I went there once for wash and blow dry, the service was well done. However, since we saw there were many customers there (last minute hair done I presume :p), we decided to go to Popular where Rachel bought a cute folder to be given for her 15-year-old cousin who recently just passed her PMR with flying colours. Our original mission: FAILED. So we left Everrise BDC to look for another saloon. Our initial destination was 4th mile as I remembered there was a saloon not far from Food Avenue. Then again, I remembered the saloon across Expert BDC where offers RM 20 for wash and cut (I was in it for wash and cut) so we went there. And oh my! The service was wonderful. The three of us feel so relaxed after the wash (and cut for me). And the price was reasonable too. RM 10 for wash; RM 20 for wash and cut. I think that is the promotion price. I don't know how are the ordinary price for wash or wash and cut, but as the service there was really good, I will definitely be going there again. And so will Rachel and Tina :D

Rachel waiting for her turn :)

My not-so-new-hair. Well, this is my Christmas hair most definitely!


Next up!

We went to Tabuan for last minute Christmas shopping. Well, it was Rachel who was doing her shopping. Mine will be tomorrow *jumps for joy*. *I shall leave the minor details behind* If last week she managed to buy a cute black dress which looks adorable on her *winks*, this time she bought one short pants and a cardigan. Lucky girl. Tomorrow she'll be heading back to her hometown, Betong with her brother. So this last minute shopping is definitely necessary. For her. Haha. While we were looking around, I suddenly crave for Swee Kang's ABC; hence the next place we went to was of course Swee Kang for ABC. We also had rojak as a side order. Eat some more, mana tidak makin bulat :p.

Feeling refreshed after the delicious food we had, as it was getting late, we decided to head back to Unimas but before that, I took the girls a tour at the city of Kuching as both of them are not from Kuching (yes, I do took my 'duty' as a Kuchingite seriously :D). And while on our way to Unimas, we managed to make a bucket list to be fulfilled within another three semesters left for our study. I think I should list it here so I could remember and fulfilled the bucket list (and I hate broken promises hence I think that listing it here is important. And I'm not jinx-ing for it not to happen. In fact, I hope that we can do all, if not, almost all of the list here.

  1. To bring the girls (especially Rachel and Tina) to Friendship Park. And if possible, took photos there. I've had my fair share taking photos there and I want to share that joy with them :D
  2. Steamboat! So far, we only do brunches and lunches. For this semester, we initially wanted to go for steamboat before the study week, but since May is sick while Victoria is in Bintulu, it has not been executed yet. However, the three of us planned to do it when the next semester starts, as soon as all of us are settled down. D11, I'll be coming for you!
  3. To stay overnight at Four Points or Hilton hotel (either one will do for me). This is actually Rachel's idea. Sounds crazy but hey, how often can you stay at a hotel with your friends right? At least one night pun jadilah says Rachel. Haha. Chel Chel. 
  4. To eat at this Dayak restaurant recently open at Jalan Simpang Tiga. Another crazy idea from Rachel and this time Tina tags along with this. The thing that attracts them to eat there? There's gonna be Dayak food. Tsk tsk. Well, we will do that someday aite? ;)
  5. To go for a stroll at Waterfront at night. Told them it's beautiful at night in the Waterfront and of course, they are intrigued and interested. Waterfront, we'll be coming soon!
  6. Sushi bonanza! This is an event done by the Sushi King, which Rachel, Priscilla and I wanted to go but didn't manage last October. Nevertheless, this event took place twice a year, April and October. So maybe, if possible, we want to go for it next semester in April. 
  7. A road trip. As we are from different places, (Priscilla and I - Kuching, Rachel - Betong, Tina - Julau, May and Victoria - Bintulu), we are curious of what other places had to offer. And what better way to explore rather than making a road trip to their places starting from Kuching up to Bintulu. If this really happen, it will be one heck of a road trip I'm sure. 
Tina and I at Allamanda. She was one of the people who were involved in charity car wash yesterday. And she was the one who cleaned my baby!

Well, we managed to think up to there (or maybe I only remember up to that. Sorry girls). Nevertheless, it's a start. We might come up with more wishes for our bucket list as time passes by and as I hope as time passes by, our friendship will grow stronger and we'll grow together in this process of growing. I'm grateful for having wonderful course mates, now, they no longer only be known as my course mates, they are also my friends, who had also witness a fair share of my ups and downs and vice versa. Though there might be times I may be wondering what the heck am I doing in finance, but being with them, having their support all the way makes me remember that,

"It does not matter where your destination will be. What matters the most are the people that stays with you along the process of getting there."

So yeah. I am blessed with each one of them. And I hope that I am a blessing to them too.

From L - R: Priscilla, Martina, Victoria and Rachel. Proud to call them my girls :)



Love,

Marcy,
Xoxo.


CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top