Day 37 of 366: It's only just a dream

Earlier on, I was chatting with my dear friend, Randy. We chatted about someone (obviously those who reads this can guess who that person is) for quite a while. And towards the end, well, actually after the end of the 'story line' I shared with him that he came in my dream three times (this is up until Sunday, which was yesterday) already. It has been a while since I've dreamt of him, honestly. The last I dreamt about him was like, a few days before Christmas. That's long okay? And whatever feelings that I still have towards him, only I know how to interpret it. Then again, God knows better. And sometimes your best friend (Hany) or maybe your dad (papa doesn't seem to mind that my brother says his name constantly; this is a very vast contrast compared to when I was still with A) knows better than you do. (please take note that the "you" is all referring to me)


Even when I woke up this afternoon, I was wondering why he kept coming to my dream. At first, I remembered what was said by Emily in Pretty Little Liars:


But then again, I don't want anything from him. He doesn't owe me anything, because I'm beginning to accept the fact that he no longer deserve a place in my life for I am learning to let go of him. He didn't even said a proper goodbye to me; he just leave me hanging, wondering whether should I make an effort (which he obviously dismiss) to say goodbye or just wait for him to make an effort to say it. Because if I am worth the time, he would make the effort, don't you think? I'm not gonna lower my pride just so you could be in my life. I don't deserve this you know?


However, I remembered an opposite psychological fact about dream. 


It could be one of the reasons why he kept appearing in my dream. Call me crazy, but I never dreamt of any artist/famous person in my whole entire 22 years of living. Really, I never. Most of the people I've dreamt are those who are related to me in my real life. I can safely say, maybe sometimes my dreams might be influenced by how I think or my current situation in life. 


And then, I saw a tweet by a fellow Twitter-ian which also coincidentally related to the big question mark that I had upon I woke up.


So now, can I just conclude that he is indeed thinking of me? 

Being me, there are times when I tend to over analyze things. And this is definitely one of those moment. Because it had led me to Google about dream; there are like 4 out of 11 tabs which is related to my search. Based on my search, I can sum up ten interesting trivia which I had found via this (click here if you want to know more about each trivia) website. 

10. Blind people actually dreams. And their dreams are more vivid compared to us who are not blind. How vivid you might ask? Imagine you were watching a 3D movie in MBO or Star Cineplax. Is that not vivid enough for you?
9. You forget 90% of your dreams. Well, this is logic lah. I bet everyone knows about this, no?
8. Everybody dreams. Yes, everybody. You, you and you (imagine Oprah's voice here. Lol) do dream. Only when you're tired you don't dream because your body needs to rest. Don't believe me? Watch Inception. I'm sure you can understand more about dream.
7. Dreams prevent psychosis. Errr... I don't understand this point so just read in the website lah k? Next!
6. We only dream of what we know. This is also a known (or maybe, less known) fact about dream. Like I had said earlier, I only dreamt of people I know, and not otherwise.
5. Not everyone dreams in colour. Glad to know, because my dreams are usually in black and white. It's like I am in a P.Ramlee movie lah pulak. Plus, I am a fan of P.Ramlee movies to begin with. But rest assured, if anyone out there who also dreams in black and white, do not fret for you are not the only one.

This is how my dreams usually look like. Black and white, nothing more, nothing less. Why a picture of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn you might ask? I just adore these two. :D
4. Dreams are not about what they are about. Being an Iban, it is in our culture (during our ancestors that is) that our dreams do mean something and is related to our daily life. Although, dreams can be weird sometimes that you have to interpret it in one way or another; like a puzzle. Like the other day, I dreamt that I played tennis when in actual fact, I don't even know how to hold a tennis racquet properly. So the next morning, I went to Dream Modes Dictionary and search for "tennis" as my keyword and it says:

To dream that you are playing tennis represents changes or challenges in your life. You need to actively assert yourself and prove yourself time and time again. Alternatively, playing or watching tennis indicates that you are unable to commit to a situation or decision. You are literally going back and forth between two choices. Perhaps the dream is trying to tell you that "the ball is in your court." It is your turn to make the next move.     meanings by DreamMoods.com
Since one of the score in tennis is denoted as "love", then the game of tennis may be a metaphor for a romantic relationship or a courtship. 

Enough said. Though I don't remember what did I score when I played so it has nothing to do with romantic relationship nor a courtship. Oh wells. *shrugs*
3. Quitters have more vivid dreams. Well, I can't explain much here because I am not a quitter. It's just not in my blood. 
2. External stimuli invade our dreams. Picture this situation: you were going out for a walk at your neighbourhood park. Then while you were walking, you saw a burger stall and you suddenly feel hungry. So you walk towards that stall and before you even manage to say, "burger chicken sigek bang!", you woke up and realized that you're hungry and you crave chicken burger. That shows how strong your dream can influence you, no?

Well, obviously I don't know about this because it had never occurred to me. And I hope it won't happen in a million years. Oh well, at least until I'm 65++ that is.

Last but not least,

1. You are paralyzed while you sleep. Herm, I can't explain much about this fact though but what I can tell you is that when we were dreaming, it is actually our subconscious mind doing its job. That is as much as what I can tell you. 

There are also some interesting trivia but what I find the most interesting is that "when you snore, you are not dreaming". I don't know why though, because I rarely snore. But ama said I snore when I'm tired. And mummy agrees with it, I think? Idk, really. Haha. Though I am sure of this, I talk in my sleep a lot, especially when I'm super tired. Because Elly told me she caught me talking in my sleep a few times in a week and it kinda scare the crap out of her. Poor gal. Sorry Elly! :)

I never knew dreams could be so interesting, especially the facts. Haha. I had always wanted to do a post about dream but I just couldn't seem to have the time to do the research about it (when I mean research, I mean including searching for the appropriate pictures as well :p). Now I'm glad that I finally made this post and able to share it to you what is dream all about. I think it is about time for me to hit the sack now. I'm not sure whether I'll dream about him again, but if I do, I think I really ought to do something about it. Therefore, I bid all of you good night now and thanks for reading this *super* long post. Lol.


Love,

Marcy.
Xoxo.

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top