FSGK's Opera Comique

Warning: This may be a long, long post. Plus, it is overdue so bear with me people.

Hello readers (if I have any, LOL). I've been meaning to update my blog about this event, but I was just too lazy. Hahaha. Sorry. Anyways, I'm just gonna explain a bit about the event then I just gonna let the pictures do the talking okay? *here goes nothing*


FSGK's Opera Comique, Kumang anak Raja Langit was actually a final project done by one of the Music lecturers of FSGK (FSGK stands for Fakulti Seni Gunaan dan Kreatif in BM or Faculty of Applied Arts and Creative, errr... however it is in English), Miss Laura Pranti. According to Wikepedia (hey, it's my blog, I'm allowed to cite any source I want okay?), opera comique is "... a genre of French opera that contains spoken dialogue and arias. " Hence, explains why in this opera there are spoken dialogue. Aria on the other hand, is like a  story telling from the lyrics that are sung by the actors/actress (this is based on what my friend, Elly, who is a music student said). From the title of the opera, Kumang anak Raja Langit, I bet Sarawakians can tell that this story actually originates from Iban's folklore. Based on the script (that I still have it here with me, hehe), it was an adaptation of Jerita Tuai which was written by an Iban, emmm... person. 

Anyways, many of you might wonder how did I get involved in this event. Well, I was asked by Elly (which happens to be my room mate in Unimas :D) whether I can lend a hand to help their event. At first, I was quite reluctant as I still have one more paper to go for that week. But then again, I think, what the heck. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I should grab it. And there you go. So I became their floor manager, the person who's job is to give cues to the actors/actresses on their scene. Basically, it is an important job. And it wasn't easy I tell you as sometimes, the casts (especially the person who act as Kemarau, no offence kay Mr Boon Tat :P) likes to disappear and I had to run just to look for them. Okay, enuf talking. Now, pictures time. :D

Day 2 with the Music students. In the changing room.

Me trying the wig which will be used by Nenek Kebayan, one of the characters in the opera.



Costume trying day. That's Ermi, she's in charge with the costumes. 



Elly trying the props. Haha.





Yours trully and Elly. This is day 6.


Nails done at Stage while make up shopping for the cast. Haha.

This is Minoy, one of the Music students. He is in his hulubalang costume.

Yours trully, the floor manager and Minoy.

Actors/actress waiting for their turn. 

Harimau jadian. Err... forgot what it's called in English. Haha.

Hornbill. But I don't think it looks like a hornbill. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Day 8. The showtime. May 16th 2011.

Ermi and Lorraine. Lorraine act as Kumang's lady-in-waiting.


All the crews of Opera Comique. Elly (usher), Irwan (stage crew), yours trully (stage crew)

Again.

Day 9. May 17th 2011. With Faizah and Lorraine.

L - R: Elly, Hany, Ermi, Marcy. 

With abang Hanafi as the Harimau Jadian.

Two handsome guys here. Romeo as Raja Guntor and Callen as Jawing (the son of Kumang and Keling)

With the lemambangs. L - R: George (lemambang 2), Julai (lemambang 3) and Seng Wei (lemambang 1)

Hany with the hulubalangs. L - R: Hanif, Eddie, Hany, Minoy and Stanley

Yours truly with the hulubalangs :D 

Hany with Madam Misato who acts as Kumang anak Raja Langit

Us.


My best girl friend, who is always mistaken to be my sister. Lol. We can actually be sisters darl ;D



Hany and the props.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.


So there you go. Wow that's long. Lol. Okay, it's 2:21 a.m and I haven't sleep yet. Listening to Kerispatih and my phone is vibrating *smiles*. Will check you later okay phone? Hope you enjoy the post so, byyyeee. 

Xoxo. Love, Marcy.


  

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top