Broken Strings


"Oh it tears me up 
I try to hold on, but it hurts too much 
I try to forgive, but it's not enough to make it all okay 

You can't play on broken strings 
You can't feel anything that your heart don't want to feel 
I can't tell you something that ain't real 

Oh the truth hurts 
And lies worse 
How can I give anymore 
When I love you a little less than before "



Sometimes I wonder, what we had before. Was it real? Was it true? Because to me, everything was real. The tears I shed whenever I miss you. The jealous feelings I had whenever I realize that I am not as good looking as other girls out there. The love I have for you. Everything was real. The fact that you let me go so easily makes me wonder, what does our love means to you. Were your tears real, or was it just for show? When you say you want to build a family together with me, did you mean her? When you compliment me that I am beautiful, are those just words, or were you really complimenting me? Those questions will never be answered. Maybe they are not meant to be answered. But sometimes, this curious mind wishes that these questions are answered. 



Maybe, our love was already broken before it even started.



CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top