Orang berbudi, kita berbahasa


These days, I find myself driving on the road with many rude drivers. I don't know if it's only in Kuching, or KL or typically Malaysia but, I find that MOST (I emphasize again, MOST) drivers are rude on the road. Let me tell you what kind of drivers I have to encounter every single day:

  1. Drivers who doesn't signal when they want to change lanes. These people just changes lane without ALERTING other people first that they want to change lanes. I mean, that's the use of signal lights, right?
  2. Drivers who tailgate. They will follow closely behind a car, usually happens at the right lane. Right lane is a fast lane, I get it. But what I don't get, it also happens in left lane, the SLOW lane. Why do you find the need to tailgate, still puzzles me.
  3. Drivers who drive very slow on the right lane. No offense, but mak cik and aunty drivers usually does this. Mak cik, it is call the fast lane for a reason. Not "drive-very-slow-as-if-ya-jalan-makbapak-kau" lane. 
  4. Drivers who doesn't acknowledge us for giving way. Now, this is what angers me the most every day. You are stuck in a jam. So am I. But because I have the conscience that you might have to be somewhere, so I give you way. Some people, they do have the decency to wave or flash the hazard lights to acknowledge me that they are thankful. I'm grateful for these peopel. But some, nangga pun sik mok. What more to say acknowledge, to thank me for giving them way. 

There are many more criteria of rude drivers that if you ask me to describe to you, I can. I'm not saying that I am a perfect driving with squeaky clean records. No. I myself got summon once by the police before. I speed, yes. But because I don't want people to get hurt, so I try very hard not to be rude on the road. I practice defensive driving, because sometimes my friends follow me in the car. So their safety is my responsibility. Malaysians claim to be "orang yang berbudi bahasa", that is an undeniably fact. But on the road, for most of us, their inner devil comes out. So to drivers out there, I think that it is time you should practice what the Japanese practice when they are on the road. And I bet that Malaysian roads will be a safer place for drivers and passengers alike. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top