Bukan rindu, tapi terkenang


Had a chat with two Form 6 students yesterday (they are not in my Sejarah class, but they are the classmates of my Sejarah students) about almost everything. 
And among the things that I talked to them is about missing someone who used to be important in your life but is not in your life anymore.
I said to them, it is normal if you miss someone who used to be in your life 
(i.e ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, former friends).
However, missing them doesn't necessarily means that you want them back in your life.
Sometimes, you just miss having the feeling of being in love, having a crush, that it's only you and your other half against the world, 
you name it.
Or in Bahasa Malaysia as I said it to them, 
"bukan rindu, tapi terkenang."
And there is nothing wrong or shameful about it, really.
Because we are only human.
The more we try to control our feelings, the greater the effect of our feelings will be. 

Just like what Gavin DeGraw sang in his song, Not Over You, he said:
"If you ask me how I'm doing
I would say I'm doing just fine.
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out and I sit down at a table set for two
and finally I'm force to face the truth"

You will be force to face the truth, that you miss those moments being in love.
Cause I admit, that I miss that feelings too sometimes. 
Especially when you feel that the relationship is like having your best friend as your lover.





CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top