Who Is?

"Life will bring you to many places, where you'll meet new people, be in a new environment, so on and so forth. People will make you, will break you, but you must not let them break you down. But in the end of the day, you will thank all these people for eventually making you who you are, whom you are proud of."



These few days of registration has been somewhat stressful, frustrating, overwhelming. But life has taught me not to be too happy with current situation because anything can happen in a few minutes, even seconds. Luckily enough, I am patient and manage to go through registration week (today is day 3) without getting pissed at others. There are some sighs here and there, but that's all about it. Vic even had warned us earlier, not to be too happy with the current timetable, especially the core subjects because anything can change. True enough, there were changes. And again, another sigh. For those who followed me on Twitter knows that I complaint a lot, but that's only because I feel the need to express my feelings. I am an expressive person, and those who couldn't handle me, you know where you stand. I thank God every day for the circle of friends that I have now can handle me at my worst, and they indeed have seen me at my best. I don't need the world to understand why I make the decisions that I made. It's enough for me to know that there are people who understands, and not judge me. 


And these are the people who leave footprints in my heart.


Speaking of footprints, I found a poem by Eleanor Roosevelt entitled Footprints In Your Heart which really suits this post and this post is dedicated to those who leave their footprints in my heart. Past and present. Words can't express how thankful I am for those who walked into my life and made me who I am today. I can only hope that my presence in your life had also made impact, even a small one will do.


FOOTPRINTS IN YOUR HEART

Many people will walk in and out of your life,
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.

Anger is only one letter short of danger.
If someone betrays you once, it is his fault;
If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.

Great minds discuss ideas,
Average minds discuss events,
Small minds discuss people.

He who loses money, loses much;
He who loses a friend, loses much more;
He who loses faith, loses all.

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,
But beautiful old people are works of art.

Learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Friends, you and me.
You brought another friend,
And then there were three.
We started our group,
Our circle of friends,
And like that circle -
There is no beginning or end.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present.*


  

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top