Part of Me, a tearjerker




"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting to the wind, wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?"
                                                                                     Fireworks (Katy Perry)

We first know her from her infamous single, I Kissed (A Girl) and since then, she climbed her way up to be who she is right now. From Katy Hudson, the gospel singer, she moved to L.A when she was eighteen, all alone in the big city, to pursue her dream of becoming a singer, a performer. It got me to question myself, where and what were we doing when we were 18? This movie was really the window into Katy Perry's behind the scene life as a singer, a performer, and also, what really happened and how she coped with her failed marriage with Russell Brand. We always have this stigmata of Hollywood marriages doesn't last long because of agreements, cheating, etc. But what we don't know is that, these people are humans too. And we as humans, have feelings. So does Katy. When I saw Katy cried upon knowing that her marriage is failing, I somehow saw myself in that position. It was like deja vu all over again because I was in that position before. I remember those days when I don't feel like waking up, to just stay on bed, and if possible, to sleep for days because then I thought that my reality is a bad dream. But with the help of the right people, I manage to get back up and finally be happy, although it may not be the same happiness that I had before. And in Katy's case, she knew that she had achieved her dream of becoming a star to make her stay in the reality, despite of the hits and misses especially in her private life. 

"I already have a brilliant life. All I have to do is to remind myself that I have it"
                                                                                                                              Katy Perry (Part of Me)




I am not a movie critique, and I've learnt this before in one of my English generics, English for The Real World (or now known as English In Media), and I've gotta admit, I suck at it. Sorry Madam Yvonne! You were an awesome lecturer, but I guess movie review is not my forte. This will be the first, and the last movie review that I will do in this blog (until I decide either wise that is :p), because my love for Katy Perry. 


And oh, I believe in your weirdness, because I believe that each and everyone of us are weird in our own way *winks*. 




P.s.

The reason I named the title of this post "Part of Me, a tearjerker" is because I did cried while watching it. And Hany too! I took the "tearjerker" part right out of her mouth so my darling, this credit is for you. *winks like a retard*

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top