I am sick

Why hello there. I am still around, if you are wondering what had happened to me. Just that I'm kinda busy doing preparation for my final semester exam. Just had my third paper, which is Statistics for Economics and Business today at 2 and I can say, well, I did the best. This is the first time ever I felt prepared for a quantitative paper. I can't say that I will get an A or an A-. A pass is good enough for me. And by pass I mean getting a B or B+ perhaps this time? Anyways, actually I wanna blog about my visit to the Unimas clinic today. 

As Elly had her exam at 10.30 and I do not want to waste the fuel of baby Khloe by going back and forth, I decided to study at Cais (Unimas' library; short form for Center for Academic Information Services after dropping her off. We left the house around 9.35 and reached Unimas around 10.05-ish. As it was still early and realizing that my cough is getting worst, also my flu medication is almost finish (and I have no money to buy new one. Yes, I am flat broke thank you very much) so I decided to pay a visit to Unimas clinic. 

At first I thought the clinic was closed but apparently I read the wrong sign and it was not even written "CLOSE". So I went into the clinic and get the number from the registration counter. When I went in, there were only two students there who were waiting for their turn to get their medication. I don't know how long did those two waited but for me who was only there for three agonizing minutes, it feels like forever. To make matters worst, I couldn't even find the lady who works at the registration counter at her work station. Finally after five minutes since I'd arrived, one of the girls finally got her medication and the lady returns to her workstation. Then the girls left and I was alone. Six minutes pass since I had arrived, and the lady didn't call my number for pre-registration. I was about to cry when finally someone enters the clinic and gets a number from the registration counter. And then came an Indian girl doing the same thing and they both sat behind me. Only then my number was called. I was about to show my sour face to her but maybe I was to weak to even put a pout on my lip I ended up smiling and saying "thank you" instead. 

Fast forward, I was waiting to be called to the doctor's room. I hoped so hard (does this term even exist? Hahaha!) to not be called to the same doctor that I had always get during the earlier visits to Unimas clinic earlier this semester. No offence doctor, but all you do is scroll down your computer while listen to what I said about my symptoms. Either you are an experienced doctor that knows what medication to give based on my symptoms or you're just lazy. Again, no offence. Lucky enough, I wasn't call to that doctor. Instead this time, I got another female doctor. By her accent, she might be an Indian, or maybe Sikh. I just couldn't make out which one. So anyways, she asked me for my symptom and I told her and then she asks me again about what colour my mucus was then finally she told me what kind of medication she'll give to me. I am a happy girl after that. :)

So basically, by eleven o'clock I left the clinic with four sets of medication, two sets of flu/allergic medication (one for day, another for night), one set of antibiotics and a cough syrup. But for the time being, I'm eating Elly's cough syrup that she left here before she went back for the four months semester break last May as she never used it before and it was of the same type. 

The four medication that I meant.

Flu/Allergies. Taken only at night as it is drowsy.

Antibiotics. I have to finish this. I must.

No, they are not contraceptive pills. I'm not sexually active tqvm. The antibiotics that I talked about. That's a lot!

Flu/allergies. To be taken during the day.

Cough syrup. If you notice, the sticker says that "ubat ini boleh mengantok". Direct translation? This medicine can feel sleepy. Lol?

On tow:

  1. Business Communication 2: Wednesday, January 11th.
  2. Financial Management: Thursday, January 12th.
  3. Managerial Accounting: Friday, January 13th. 

Hoping that I'll manage these papers despite of the illness. I'm not hoping for A's, just pass will do considering my result for this semester is beyond the satisfactory level, even for the very competitive part of me. And again, like I have said during the first two semesters, I wish not to repeat any subjects if possible cause I wanna graduate on time, in 2014. Amen++. 


Anyway, so far 2012 isn't really being kind to me in terms of health and financial. I'm hoping that the rest of the year will. And please, to you readers out there, take care of your health, especially in this bipolar weather. Eitherwise, you'll end up like me, making frequent visits to the clinic. 


Love,

Marcy.
Xoxo


CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top