Tersesat menuju ke rumah Tuhan

St Dominic, Taman Tunku. What a beauty.


Yesterday, I had a date with Mel. Our plan was supposed to be simple:

  • Meet up at church (St Dominic, Taman Tunku)
  • Go to Beach Republic.

Initially, I didn't want to go to St Dominic simply because I don't know how to get there.
But because Mel insisted, so I give in. Plus, I am actually quite good with maps. 
So I assumed, using Mel's instruction, and even if I got lost, I can just Google Map. 
How wrong I was.

As I was driving past a few traffic lights, I kept thinking, "am I going the right way?" "should I turn right or go straight?" and the questions go on and on and on, as usual how my sel-sel otak berhubung from one thoughts to another *it's not easy being an abstract/logical thinker. Even got the nickname 'Miss Puzzle' from Vic because of that.*
Then, it was not long before I realized I was lost. 
So I opt for the next best thing; GOOGLE MAPS.
After looking at the map, I was convinced that I might know where I am going,
because I remember the names of some of the roads.
So again, I drive aimlessly, wondering why I can't find the church when I already found the name of the roads that I saw on Google Maps. 
Almost wanted to gave up until I found a church, with a cross sign up at the roof.
Thought that it was St Dominic, I shouted "yeay" out loud until I realized that it is the Anglican church, St Barnabas *sweat*. 
So, drove pass it by, and drove aimlessly, until, I found very familiar shop lots.

I turned to the shop lots, and stopped not far from the only place I know when I go to Taman Tunku,
MARUDI ICE CREAM! 
Then, I tried to call Mel, hoping she will answer since it's almost 8 at the time that I stopped near the ice cream shop.
Luckily she did, and the first thing I said to her:


"MEL, I GOT LOST. HELPPP!"

She asked me where I was, and I told her. 
And she laughed upon hearing it.
Initially wanted to give me directions, but since she is not good in giving directions, she said, 

"OKAY. I COME AND GET YOU NOW."

So that was how my journey to the house of God. 
Eventually, Mel came to the rescue. 
The day before I was so confident that I told her, even if I got lost, I'm not worried because I am going to the house of God. 
Look what happened to me.  


The moment we reached the church, I was amazed that the church look so white from the outside, and the outside design looks like, a factory. No, I am not kidding you.

See what I mean? Photo from diaoceseofmiri,blogspot.com.

But when I entered inside, it was the most beautiful church I've ever been to in Miri. 
With the beautiful wooden pew, and the way the wooden pew is placed, I was just at awe.
And on that moment, somehow, I felt at home.
Don't get me wrong.
I've been to St Joseph Cathedral, Carmelite chapel and also Church of  Mater Dei, Lutong.
But for some weird reason, I feel a bit like an outsider. 
Well, except for Mater Dei.
Mater Dei reminded me of Blessed Sacrement Church, BDC.
But St Dominic's, the moment I stepped inside the church, I feel like I am home.
Until I realized, that the arrangements of the wooden pew benches is quite similar to St Mark's church, Batu Kawah.
The one that I always go to whenever I'm back in Kuching.
Almost shed a tear when I realized that fact.
The fact that I can't go back anytime soon.
The fact that I actually do miss home.

But nevertheless, I am happy because I get to go to church, *and it makes me feels like home some more!*, and I get to spend time with Mel, outside of office. 
Told papa about it, and he said that it's good as the church reminds me of home (since he is at home at the time. Jealous much). 

The best part about the mass, 
is that the priest reminds me of Father Albert, who is also a foreign priest. I like how he deliver his sermon.
He even thought the congregations how to sing Our Father.
How special.
It's quite rare to find a priest is willing to actually teach the congregations to sing Our Father. 
In short, I can say,


I FEEL LIKE HOME AT THE DURATION OF ONE HOUR

despite the fact that I was lost earlier. 



CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top