Music to my soul

It's 4 a.m right now, and I'm still wide awake. Actually, I am doing last minute revision for the finals, starting this Monday. Right now, I am listening to Again by Bruno Mars, a song which I used to listen a lot earlier last year. 


Then it hits me. 


This song used to mean so much to me. I listened to it during the early 2012, when I had feelings for this one guy. And I don't listened to it once, but every single day, without fail. I drive to class with this song, and I drive back home with this song. 


Plus, the fact that I am the type of person who is not easily bored by listening to the song makes it, very emotional. There are times that I was very happy earlier but as I listened to this song (as in Again), it made me very emotional and I ended up crying buckets of tears. I can play that song for thirty times in one hour and I don't get bored. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

I just had to include this pic, of me, drinking tea. Yup, Marcella drinks tea now. Haha.


The other day, Mijot, Elly and I went for lunch at Lof Bakery at Jalan Song, and as we were enjoying our lunch, the music played was very KLMJ (for those of you who doesn't know what this acronym means, it stands for kenangan lalu mengusik jiwa, which translated, previous memories touches the heart. I think. Close enough) as mostly Bruno Mars' songs were played, and as I've mentioned in my previous entries, I have a Bruno Mars phase, where every song of his is related to whatever that's happening in my life at that moment. 

How can you not like this guy? This dude has a great voice, and his songs are just, the bomb. 

I told Mijot all the histories of the songs and who it is related to. And mind you, I can remember vividly about all of it, the memories and how I came to like the song (if only studying for exam was this easy). 


My point here is, have you ever tuned in to the radio, and suddenly the DJ played you a song that you don't listen for quite a while, and suddenly, all the memories, the feelings that you had came back to you? I know I do, all the time. Except for the feelings. Because those feelings belong in the past, and it's very painful to remember, and I don't wish to go there.


However, it doesn't mean I stop listening to those songs. I just don't listen to it as frequent as I did. That's all. Music plays a very big role in my life. I started singing at the age of 9 during teacher's day in, and since then I never stop listening to music. Music is there whenever I'm happy, sad, angry, confuse, you name it. So people may left you, but music stays. And I can tell you, by listening to music it can make you 1000 times happier because it causes the brain to release a chemical call dopamine, which is a feel-good chemical (source: Discovery News). Explains why you feel much better after listening to music, unless you listened to heavy metal music or sad songs lah



I think that's about it for today. I shall resume my revision and thanks for wasting your time reading my humble blog. Have a great Sunday people! But before that, I shall conclude this post with a quote by Frank Ocean. 


Think about it. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments darling:

Post a Comment

Back
to top